Last updated March 25, 2020. This post will continue to be updated as more information is available.
As the situation related to Coronavirus (COVID-19) develops, we are closely monitoring guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and the World Health Organization, as well as the Spanish departments of public health.
Flu and CoronaVirus (COVID-19) Protection at Elite Performance Therapy
There is nothing more important to us than our client’s safety and well-being. For this reason, on Saturday 21st March Spain issued a stay-at-home order until further notice, in light of ongoing developments related to Coronavirus (COVID-19). Our clinic will remain closed until further notice, however we are offering our muscular support and expertise as a complimentary service via teletherapy.
Our mission is to provide access to exceptional complimentary muscular wellness care to everyone, regardless if you are a current or prospective client.
We will continue to re-evaluate as the situation evolves, and we appreciate your understanding. As always, Here to help you feel better, move better & live pain free – wherever you may be!
What is Teletherapy?
Teletherapy refers to the use of electronic communication to remotely provide physical therapy information and services to clients via a videoconferencing system, rather than in-clinic visits.
Benefits of Teletherapy include :
- Allows clients to continue with their physical therapy plan of care in their home to promote responsible social isolation in response to recommendations to reduce the spread of COVID-19 virus.
- Reduced risk of further physical decline
- Reduction of muscular pain and weakness
What to expect during a Teletherapy Session?
Sessions involve education, therapeutic and functional activities, therapeutic exercise, monitored via videoconferencing by us – the therapist. Services may include, muscle strength and endurance training, balance challenges, cardiovascular conditioning and training, and other various fitness activities. Along with physical activity and exercise, teletherapy sessions will also include:
- Client Education – Just like our in-clinic treatments, Teletherapy will focus on helping patients understand their diagnoses and steps they will need to take in order to regain their optimal function.
- Functional Activities – Allows us; the therapist to get a glimpse of what specific activities in the patient’s daily life are causing issues or pain. They may determine unsafe areas in the home or areas that could be ergonomically improved to reduce the risk of back pain.
- Self-Myofascial Release (SMR) – a manual therapy technique used to increase the pliability of restricted fascia (tough connective tissue). In SMR the individual uses their own bodyweight and a Foam Roller to add pressure to the soft tissues so allowing for decreased pain, increased flexibility and improved soft tissue health.
- Exercise & Stretch Programs – we provide exercises and stretches to perform outside of your regular scheduled appointments. We can view the clients home and make recommendations on the ideal and safest places to do the home programs. We can also watch the client complete the exercises and stretches and give feedback on proper form. We will then make recommendations on how and when to progress, so progress doesn’t stop.
How do you sign up for our Complimentary Teletherapy services?
Sign up for our free Teletherapy services by clicking here / +34 635 508 964 / firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here to help you feel better, move better & live pain free – wherever you may be!